THE PARISH GIVING SCHEME
The Parish Giving Scheme was officially launched in the Diocese of Exeter on Saturday 14th March 2015 at St Andrew’s Church, Cullompton. Since, then the scheme has gone from strength to strength with around 30% of churches now registered with the scheme and the equivalent of £1.5 million per year now going back to parishes within the Diocese of Exeter. Please see the presentation by Katie Stevenson and Sophie West below:
Benefits of the Parish Giving Scheme:
- There is no fee for the parish – it is free to join and get involved.
- Regular direct debit payments help churches plan for the future.
- Simplifies church finances.
- Saves the parish administration time.
- Increased cash flow.
- Flexibility – The scheme is able to fit a range of patterns of giving (Monthly, Quarterly or Annual).
- All donations are returned to the parish within 10 days, with Gift Aid following shortly afterwards. Gift Aid is processed automatically without any further administration by the parish.
- Opportunity for donors to increase their donation by inflation.
- Crucially, all donations are returned direct to the parish or church chosen by the donor, and cannot be used elsewhere.
For more information please look at the web-site for Exeter Diocese here.